The last two months have made me a changed human being




All that took was a catastrophe

To find myself a remedy,

And all that took was a misfortune

To make me realize that disguised boon.

The riches that surrounded me

-My friends and my family-

For whom I now feel grateful;

To think about those blissful

And joyous moments with them -

Were the rarest and truest of gems.



With less buses, less cars, less scooters, less bikes,

And with countless birds in the clear blue skies,

Transcending from being selfish and tactless,

And becoming more heedful and generous,

I have begun appreciating nature and its creations,

Despite its unforgettable devastations.



My heart pains, feels heavier

To see my brothers and sisters

Leave my side due to the pandemic

For time has made me compassionate and sympathetic

- As Time makes great changes in all -

And, has taught me a lesson, above all,

That life is an incomplete sentence,

The one that never ends,

But merely has commas between

Words that forever remain unseen,

Commas that give a pause,

A standstill in a world of complete chaos,

But nevertheless, the sentence goes on,

With Time making us sympathetic,

And munificent and appreciative.



~Hussain

Comments

  1. I'll never get bored of reading your word play, extraordinary once againπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! Thank you for such an inspiring feedback!! We are glad you enjoyed reading this πŸ˜‰. Go CV πŸ˜‚!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooooo come on soooo goooddd, continue the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great going guys, expressing your thoughts in a beautiful manner, COOL 😎

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no clue when you have uploaded this... but even I have been busy with my online classes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for finding time and reading this poem!! It certainly encourages us to write ✍️ more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here πŸ‘‡πŸ»