The Caged Bird

                                                 

THE CAGED BIRD



Hey man! Don’t you see?
I am caged, please set me free!
Oh stop flashing that camera’s light,
It keeps me awake all night.
Don’t you like watching us dance and sing.
It will be a sight, only if you let me out of this thing.
Please, my so-called caretaker will shortly arrive.
And to make me fly through his rings, he will strive.
But I will not pass through his rings,
And why should I? I have no freedom to spread my wings.
Hey man! They say you beings are priceless.
And what am I, for they have bought and caged me for a price so less!
All day long I remain perched and wonder why,
Why I am not permitted to fly?
And meet my kith and kin in the sky,
The sky that is free for all.
I dream of making my own nests in trees so tall.
And to find new places in a forest,
Then dance in the rain when nature is at its best.
Ah! But today I know it is my last day,
For my breath is slipping away.
For no crime I was put behind bars.
And I thought while I gazed at the stars,
It is not me who is going to mourn, because
Hey man! It is your loss.

~Mustafa

Comments

  1. Well written Mustafa ...I could sense the pain and the agony of the bird who wishes to be set free...
    You right it's the loss for the man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very meaningfully written mustafa... It is sad that humans forget to realize how other living beings have feelings too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are extremely happy that the the message of this oem has been conveyed!! Thank you so much for your invaluable comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here 👇🏻